The Rolling Stones have created some of the most amazing music the world has ever known. They’ve been rocking since 1962—for nearly 60 years, thanks to their insane work ethic, unparalleled commitment to their craft, and professionalism. Their longevity is rare in the music world. No matter what their age is, they keep going at a high level. They’re not doing it for the money—they’re doing it because they love doing what they do. You won’t find a more prolific band than that. I recently got to see them in concert, and it was so fun.
In today’s episode, BT and I chat about some of the bands, singers, and songs we’ve fallen in love with over the years, and how music has a deep impact on people—because it can transport you to the past, and to other worlds.
- How I was exposed to many types of music growing up (my parents loved Motown, and my dad grew up with the Buckinghams on the south Side of Chicago)
- My earliest memory of being deeply moved by a song (for BT, “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croce brings him instantly to his past)
- How music has evolved from albums to eight tracks, cassettes, CDs, and beyond
- How going to the record store was like a rite of passage as a teenage boy or girl
- Some of our favorite bands and singers—including the Beatles, The British invasion, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Ginsburg, and many others
- How different genres of rock music have changed between 1980 and 2000
- How weird it is to see people age (especially when you’re the same age as them)
All of the musicians and bands we’ve loved have gone through the same human struggles that you and I go through. They’ve just found a way to persevere—and they did it through music. Here’s to all the great musicians out there who just won’t quit.
Links & Resources
Take the Full Throttle approach to life and dive into these past episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: