Relentless by Tim Grover is one of the greatest, most succinct, no-BS books on success ever written. It’s very similar to a modern-day Napoleon Hill talking to “the greatest of the greatest” in Think and Grow Rich. Tim strips away everything unessential and gives you exactly what you need to become unstoppable.
The book is a goldmine of information about the elite mindset. In his company, ATTACK Athletics, Tim Grover pushed Michael Jordan—and other great basketball players—to be the excellent players they were. They were already great, but he brought them to that unstoppable place. His book gives a rare, inside look into how these elite athletes thought.
The average person is always thinking about, “When do I get to stop?” Whether it’s in school, work, exercise, or anything else. Elite athletes don’t think that way. They’re thinking, “How do I get to that next level that goes beyond what’s comfortable for me mentally, psychologically, physically, even emotionally?” They’re thinking, “Where do I need to go to take myself to the next piece of expertise, or the next expansion in my talent?” It’s not about where they get to stop.
If you want to be great in life, you must abandon the idea of stopping when you’re uncomfortable.
In this episode, BT and I discuss:
- How there’s no growth in “giving it your best”—growth only comes AFTER you go beyond your best
- Why leaders need to develop a mindset where they don’t fold under pressure
- The parallels between elite athletes and elite entrepreneurs (and the difference between AVERAGE entrepreneurs and elite entrepreneurs)
- Why it’s crucial to have a deep, almost incomprehensible desire (or obsession) for the outcome you want—if you want to be great
- How Tim Grover didn’t buy into elite athletes’ excuses—because even the best of the best can backslide and believe their own BS
- Tim’s “relentless 13” essential traits that are shared by the most intense competitors and achievers in sports, business, and all walks of life
Don’t miss it!
Links & Resources
Want more? Check out these mind benders from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please leave a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: