In 1999, the world as we knew it was about to change. With Y2K around the corner, everyone was in a frenzy and needed to blow off steam. Woodstock 99 was the perfect vehicle to do that.
Produced by Michael Lang, Woodstock 99 was to be the biggest concert of the millennium. Taking place at a giant, decommissioned Air Force base in New York, in 100-degree heat, 200,000 people were jammed in together like sardines for three days. Bands like Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Korn, and Limp Bizkit stirred up the crowd. Everyone was drunk, naked, and/or on every kind of drug imaginable.
Netflix’s 3-part documentary, “Train Wreck: Woodstock 99,” shows how the concert deteriorated fast. Everything that could go wrong, DID go wrong. The promoters manipulated 200,000 people—including confiscating all their water on the way in. With no water, no working toilets, trash everywhere, overpriced food, and no sleep—people began to lose their minds. The crowd’s mindset began to dissolve into anarchy—with fires, riots, and chaos.
What was the mindset at play that caused Woodstock 99 to morph into an insane mess? It’s a fascinating look into human psychology.
In this episode, BT and I discuss:
- How the promoters obviously didn’t plan properly for Woodstock 99
- How the evils of capitalism played a definite role in Woodstock 99—with pricing gauging, denying people food and water, and the Pay-Per-View event, which showed people taking their tops off
- How toilets overflowed and poured out into the grass, and people broke the waterline because they couldn’t get water fast enough—and everyone had trench mouth
- How no one took responsibility for anything that went wrong—they all had the same story—“It’s not my fault” (even Michael Lang, the person who put on the event)
- The major differences between Woodstock 69 and Woodstock 99, especially the aggressiveness of the music
- How music raises emotions and controls much of how we’re feeling
- Why most people think Woodstock 69 was all about peace, yet it in reality—both concerts had riots, people died, and the US military had to step in and airlift supplies
When you’re a teenager, all that stuff looks exciting and full of energy.
When you’re older, you’re like, “Screw that.” You understand the consequences of things much differently. When people are that young, they really don’t.
Links & Resources
Can we ask you a personal favor? Our team is constantly looking for how we can BETTER OUR BEST, and the only way we can better our best is to know who you are and what matters to you!
If you’re a Successful Mind Podcast listener, could you please take part in a brief 1-minute survey? It’s 100% anonymous, you can skip any question you don’t want to answer, and this will give us the valuable info we need to know what you may want more of (or less of).
Thanks so much for you input!
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to check out The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can binge an entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Are we living in an age where death of reason is happening right before our very eyes? Begin to see your own biases and blindspots with these past episodes.from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: