In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, we’re diving into the topic of “luck.” What makes some people have good fortune or bad fortune? Is there a scientific process behind it, or is it all just pure superstition?
Many years ago, I was sucked through the dam on the Illinois River. People told me I was “lucky” to survive. But I don’t believe it was luck. It was the cause and effect of certain events happening on the river.
We have an insatiable need to give meaning to everything. We’ll even look for meaning where it doesn’t exist. Our mind is constantly looking for patterns, recognizing what’s happening around us. Our brain is always putting things together, based on whether we want to repeat or avoid certain experiences.
In today’s episode BT and I discuss:
- Why so many extremely successful people say that “luck” contributed to their success
- Why I believe luck is the result of your BELIEF—i.e., you either believe you have good fortune, or you believe you have bad fortune
- Why working class, broke people often spend their welfare checks on slot machines, while holding “lucky” monkeys, rabbit’s feet, and chains
- How casinos in Vegas use a “cooler” to disrupt you if you’re winning—because they understand that your vibrational pattern affects what’s happening
- How I win at roulette, because I’m not emotionally attached to the money, and I recognize the patterns they use to try to throw you off (like switching the dealer when you’re winning)
- How our mind operates on frequencies—and our belief controls the vibration at which we’re thinking and being
- How Michael Jordan wore his “lucky” North Carolina Tar heels practice shorts under his Bulls shorts and went back to his “lucky” number 23 after retiring
Plus, I share the story of how my daughter, Erin, became “really lucky” starting when she was a child—with a 10-year streak of winning incredible amounts of money.
If you focus on good fortune, you’ll get more of it, because of the vibration you’re sending out. If you’re constantly saying “I’m unlucky,” that’s the energy you’re putting out there.
Links & Resources
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. We’ve already dropped several episodes in the series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
Grab yourself a pint of stout and find gold at the end of the rainbow with these magically delicious mindset munchies from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: