Most people are taught a certain philosophy around work—that we must “start at the bottom,” and work really hard in order to rise up to a higher position in life.
In Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill said that’s one of the worst concepts for achievement possible—starting at the bottom. Because, “When you start at the bottom, you never raise high enough for success to see you.”
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- To achieve success, you need other successful people (“people of value”) to help you
- People of value are looking for other people of value to help them
- When we’re starting at the bottom, we’re not demonstrating much value
- If you want to be wealthy, you must provide more value than most people do
- Coming from a place of “need” is survival based—and way different than desire (survival is about saying, “I need to be safe; I can’t risk; I don’t want to lose anything”)
- The principles most people practice are NOT principles of success—they’re principles of survival
- How self-worth issues hold a person back—and why one of the biggest mistakes you can make is to project your emotional worth onto your product, service, or your client
You have to really think, “What rules are keeping me stuck?” Einstein said, “You can’t get out of a problem with the same thinking that created the problem.” In order to create a quantum leap, you have to move higher in your thinking. Raise your consciousness.
Links & Resources
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere near your audio podcast feed. David recently began releasing YouTube only episodes beginning with a series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
What rules are you living by that are keeping you stuck? No better time than the present to strengthen that mindset muscle and soaking in these past episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: