Ashley Bernardi is an entrepreneur, a mom with three young kids, and the author of Authentic Power: Give Yourself Permission to Feel. She runs a PR firm called Nardi Media.
Ashley is a trauma survivor who spent the pandemic meditating upon her early traumas from childhood. When she was 11 years old, her father died tragically in front of her. She buried her feelings around this event for years and didn’t even tell her high school friends that he’d died. Ashley says when you bury uncomfortable feelings—instead of feeling them and moving through them—this is a detriment to your health, wellbeing, and livelihood.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to feel your feelings—and to know that no matter how uncomfortable they are, feelings are temporary and won’t last forever
- The F.E.E.L. framework—focus, enter, experience, listen, learn, and love (as taught in Ashley’s book)
- “Authentic power” means accessing the wisdom you have within you
- Ashley’s experience with postpartum depression and Lyme disease, which she sees as her greatest gift—because it was the universe telling her, “Your body has no more room to store the trauma and grief you’ve been burying your whole life”
- Every emotion has a specific breathing pattern
- There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to healing
- True healing always seems to have a spiritual component to it
“As human beings, we’re all meant to feel,” Ashley says. “By accessing our feelings and giving ourself permission to feel all the feelings, there is so much growth and transformation within.”
Authentic Power is a fantastic book that I think should be in everybody’s library. It should be required reading for your own spiritual and psychological health.
Links & Resources
More insiprational episodes to direct your spiritual and psycholoical health from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: