The subconscious mind literally controls how you think, feel, act, and react each day—and understanding how it works can help you move forward in life.
Biologically, the subconscious mind was developed a few million years ago. It’s a couple hundred thousand years old in human beings. Its purpose is to make sure we’re safe in an unsafe world. It’s what allowed the human species to procreate and survive.
The subconscious mind is designed to notice anything that seems like a “threat” to you, and get you to avoid it. There’s no thinking involved; it’s an automatic response—fight, flight, or freeze. However, the “threats” we have today aren’t the same as they were thousands of years ago. Even something like “becoming a millionaire” can seem like a threat to your subconscious mind.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Your subconscious mind is always try to bring you back to “what’s known” versus what’s unknown
- You were taught to react to things in very specific ways (usually by your parents)
- Why understanding your “set points” is crucial to your success
- How the emotion you experienced around money as a kid controls the level of wealth you’re able to attain as an adult today
- A simple question you can ask yourself anytime you’re faced with a triggering situation—so you can find out the truth about it
- How the subconscious mind affects your ability to make sales in your business
- Happiness is a choice
Once you understand how the subconscious mind works, you can begin to choose how you feel. You can find the truth about something, give any circumstance a new meaning, and no longer be a victim to how you were programmed to feel.
Links & Resources
More subconscious mind munchies from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please leave a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: