In Working with the Law, Raymond Holliwell talks about “giving your substance where it can do the most good.” This is based on a Biblical principle, in which Jesus cautioned others about unwise giving. He said, “Do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and rend you.” This means don’t give your substance (your time, energy, or effort) to anyone who can’t appreciate it or improve with it.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about how this principle relates to pursuing growth in your business.
- Why it’s a problem to think you can help everybody (and how this desire usually comes from a deep hole in someone’s heart)
- We need to find the “aces” in the deck of cards—in other words, find the people who not only need what you offer, but they WANT the benefits of it and they WANT to change
- People demonstrate their willingness to do what it takes to get the result they want by paying for it
- The way to move through doubt, uncertainty, or depression, is to DO the thing you’re going after (that’s the nature of life)
- Why we need to stop trying to turn B players into A players
- You’ll only get the result if you want it bad enough—you can’t sit around and wait for it to show up
As you pursue a goal or desire, you grow as a person. You enter into the spirit of that thing. You get excited. But you also need to make sure you’re pursuing the right thing and not getting caught up in trying to change the wrong thing.
Links & Resources
To get the success you desire you have to have persistence. Learn how to forge that lifelong power with these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: