Today BT and I go deeper into the topics of jealousy, envy, comparing yourself to other people, and what it means to be your best.
With social media serving as a constant reminder of what everyone else is doing, it’s easy to feel like you’re not enough. The feeling of “not being enough” is a shame pattern that often stems from childhood—and it can lead to self-sabotage.
If you were constantly criticized or made wrong as a child, you likely didn’t build any confidence in your own self-esteem. That causes you to be hyper-focused on what other people think about you today, as an adult.
Ultimately, we all want to get to the place where we’re not concerned what other people think. We want to trust what we think about ourselves, and focus on being our best.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Perfection is unattainable, because there’s always something more that can be worked on
- You have to be okay with making mistakes, because that’s how you learn and grow
- Shame is self-hate
- Every human being has a specific purpose, and we need to express ourselves in a way that cultivates greatness in our purpose
- How to change the way you react to situations
- Every negative has a positive side to it
- The importance of choosing the words you use to describe yourself carefully—because your subconscious mind will take whatever you turn over to it and grow it
I also share how I used my imagination over time to fuel my own life and growth. You can do the same. Use your imagination to create yourself into the person you want to be, and focus on doing your best…regardless of what other people are doing!
Links & Resources
Every person has a specific purpose in life. Find yours by listening to more episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please leave a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: