In today’s episode I’m teaching Thomas Troward’s essay on “completeness.”
From a young age, most of us have heard the message over and over again that there’s something wrong with us, and there’s something wrong with the world.
This idea drives us to believe we’re not whole or complete; so we constantly look outside of ourselves for completeness. Whether it’s looking for the perfect job or career, more money, or other external things, we’re always looking for something to fill a perceived void in us.
Troward suggests a radical and liberating idea—that we’re already complete now. We already have greatness inside of us now. Nothing is lacking in us. All we have to do is look inward, rather than outward, to find all the answers we need in life.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to build a better concept of yourself—who you are, what you’re capable of doing, and the incredible potential you carry inside of you
- Why you must apply daily action to change your programming and beliefs (you can’t just think something intellectually and expect to change)
- Why seeing imperfections all around you is more an indication of the programming that lies within you
- Why really successful people are often seen as coldhearted—because they have an incredible ability to focus on their greater purpose of why they’re here, while shutting out the drama of the world
- Why getting involved in drama is actually a way of searching for that ‘completeness’ that’s already inside you
As we begin to see our own completeness, we find that we no longer need to go outside ourselves for anything. The more we focus inward rather than outward, the more we’ll tap into success.
Links & Resources
More episodes inspired by the work of Thomas Troward from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: