Today BT and I are going deeper into what it means to “know thyself.”
Knowing yourself—and understanding why you want the things you want (i.e., your motives) is everything. By NOT having this understanding, you risk blindly going through life, reacting to everything without understanding why.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Why it’s important to know yourself and understand how you’re perceiving things
- You’re the center of your own universe—and nobody else is observing things in the same way YOU’RE observing them
- You either see yourself as a victim life…or you don’t (and the difference between the two)
- Your perception is based on the meanings that were given to you about the things you’re perceiving
- What we can learn about truth versus falsehood from the movie, “The Silence of the Lambs”
- Why Vernon Howard was such a huge influence on my own personal growth—and how he helped me learn more about my behaviors, my ways of thinking, and my judgements (which I had no clue were there)
- Good books to read to understand stoic philosophy and how to keep things simple
There’s an old stoic saying: “Know the truth and the truth will set you free.” There’s a very different energy about the truth…versus a “story” you’re convinced is true.
Do you know yourself and why you do the things you do?
Links & Resources
Get to know yourself on a deeper level with these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please leave a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: