Leverage is our ability to move big things with small levers, with a minimal amount of effort. The way we move ahead in the world is through leverage. Our smart phone is leverage. It gives us tons of information at our fingertips. A calculator is leverage. It lets us do math problems quickly and easily.
Yet, for some reason, we’re taught from a young age to “work hard” and make things more difficult. In math class, we’re told, “show your work” and “don’t use a calculator at school.” When we take this ideology into our business, we block ourselves from experiencing real growth and success.
In business, leverage is about “whom, not how.” If you want to grow, you must leverage the knowledge and expertise of other people who are further ahead of you. You can’t do everything yourself, and you don’t need to figure everything out yourself. It can take a lifetime to develop knowledge, a skill set, and expertise—and you can only learn so much on your own. Resisting hiring people can slow down your business growth.
In today’s episode, Steph and I discuss:
- How relying on “hard work” only took me so far (I was taught, “In order to have success, you must work hard, suffer, and sacrifice”)
- How one small adjustment in my thinking changed my whole life—and I went from NOT being able to pay my bills to tripling my income and having more than enough (because I leveraged my mentor’s expertise)
- What leverage means[, and how people see it differently—e.g., leverage can mean one thing to a mechanical engineer, and something totally different to a business owner
- Steph’s experience with nursing a sick baby who had food allergies—and how the doctor was clueless and could only recommend surgery (this was the catalyst for Steph questioning authority and making major changes in her life)
- How Steph leveraged the expertise of a massage therapist, lactation consultant, and Chinese herbalist—all of whom helped her baby’s symptoms stop overnight
- How many of us grew up in an environment where it wasn’t OK to ask for help—in fact, it was humiliating
You can leverage tools, software, a new hire, a consultant, or even podcast equipment—to reach thousands of people and grow your business.
Links & Resources
At the very beginning of the podcast, Steph mentioned a recent training that you’re invited to. If you want to reverse map from your vision, CLICK HERE!
Can we ask a favor? Our team is constantly looking for how we can BETTER OUR BEST, and the only way we can better our best is to know who you are and what matters to you!
If you’re a Successful Mind Podcast listener, could you please take part in a brief 1-minute survey? It’s 100% anonymous, you can skip any question you don’t want to answer, and this will give us the valuable info we need to know what you may want more of (or less of).
Thanks for the input!
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your podcast feed. David has released YouTube specific episodes beginning with his series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Leverage the vast amount of knowledge you’ve learned from this podcast by diving back into these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: