People often ask us how to create “balance” in their business—particularly between work and family. As a business owner and/or parent, you’re responsible for so many different things. Whether you’re devoting time to a marriage, a family, a job, your church, your civic duties, or social interests—everything requires a certain time investment from you, for it to be effective.
When a person starts a business, that requires almost all of their time in order to be successful, especially in the beginning when they’re bootstrapping and doing everything themselves.
In this episode my CEO, Steph Tuss, and I discuss:
- Why searching for “balance” is often a way to avoid feeling guilty—and how the search for balance is really someone looking for comfort
- The phenomenon of “mom guilt”—and how parents can be emotionally torn between wanting to grow their business, and being afraid to take time away from their kids (so they end up using their kids as an excuse not to grow)
- How being “out of balance” means discomfort
- How you can eliminate feeling “off balance” by putting proper boundaries in place—when you’re working, you’re working; when you’re with your family, you’re with your family
- Why you must adjust your goals based on your responsibilities and the things that are important to you
- How Steph planned for imbalance as a mom, wife, and leader—and this helped her stay married
- How being a people-pleaser and a peacekeeper can make you lose sense of who you really are—so it’s important to carve time out to be by yourself and to know what’s important to you
Just like with nature, there are seasons in your business. There are times when you’re planting seeds, setting yourself up, and things feel more quiet. Then there are times when you’re harvesting, and things are hectic. There’s no way to achieve balance when you’re harvesting—and you wouldn’t want to, because you want to capitalize on the opportunity in the moment.
If you’re at a flat line all year long, there’s no innovation, challenge, or adversity. Imbalance in business is what drives innovation. For that reason, you must welcome the discomfort that comes with owning your business. Embrace it, and get comfortable being uncomfortable.
Links & Resources
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your podcast feed. David has released YouTube specific episodes beginning with his series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Embrace the imbalance in your life and get comfortable being uncomfortable. Learn how to take that next step by listening to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: