In business, tolerations are dangerous. The things you tolerate are keeping you from growing and moving forward. If you’re not growing, you’re dying.
One of the biggest tolerations business owners have is an adequate team filled with B-players or C-players. These are people who show up, do what’s necessary, then go home. An adequate player is concerned with, “How can we stay the same?”—not with innovation or doing what’s best for the company. This puts the brakes on your business.
You don’t want an adequate team. Instead, you want A-players who are above adequate. A-players are hungry. They’re looking at where they can do more. They solve their own problems and think through solutions before bringing problems to you. Someone once told me that a deck of cards only has so many Aces, and the problem with most people is that they try to turn every other card into an Ace.
In this episode, Steph Tuss and I discuss:
- How most people are raised with the idea that you have to tolerate negativity, wrong thinking, or unnecessary suffering
- How negative circumstances are an opportunity—like a flag pointing you in the direction of something that needs to be changed in your life
- How once you fix or remove a toleration, you can have an amazing outcome on the other side of it
- The reason businesses don’t grow (hint: it’s because they spend all their time trying to take a Queen, a King, a Ten, a Jack, a Deuce, and turn it into an Ace)
- The key characteristics of A-players—and why you can’t coach desire
- Why you must hire early, and hire based on where you’re going, not based on where you are
- Why business owners get emotional when hiring or firing people, or holding them accountable—and one of the main things you have to learn in business is to master your emotions
My company helps people move through difficulties in their businesses. When someone is stuck, we we start by looking at what they’re tolerating. The first question we ask is, “What are you in resistance to?” or, “What are you tolerating?” At the root of a toleration is a resistance to change something.
Your underlying mindset must be to do what’s best for the company, even if this means firing or hiring people.
Links & Resources
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can now binge an entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Are you currently working with an adequate team? Take the necessary steps to remove the negativity, wrong thinking, or unnecessary suffering around these people and become a better leader by listening to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: