Today my CEO, Steph Tuss, and I are talking about how to hire the best person for your business or team. Most people don’t understand how to hire or fire someone. People tend to hire people they like, or people who are like them—but this is a mistake.
If you want to win in business, you must hire the best person for the job. Instead of treating your business as a family, it’s better to treat it as a professional sports team. As “general manager coach,” your job is to make sure each position is manned by the absolute best.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What Steph has learned on her journey of hiring, firing, and team building
- How most people make decisions based on avoiding conflict and avoiding being uncomfortable
- How our company made an enormous paradigm shift in hiring by thinking of ourselves as an elite sports team, rather than a family—because nobody wants to fire their family, hold a family member accountable, or have a hard conversation with them if they’re not meeting their KPIs
- Specific things to look for when you’re hiring someone—and why you should find someone who’s “humble, hungry, and smart”
- What being humble, hungry and smart actually looks like—and which questions to ask during the interview process to determine if someone has these traits
- Why “sunshining” your mistakes creates psychological safety within an organization
- Why you should pay attention to how a potential hire is showing up, because who a person is “being” is everything
Having the best player in each position ensures that you can create the right culture in your team. In our company, we say all the time, “What’s in the best interest of the company?” It’s easy to default into saying, “What’s in the best interest of me?” or “What’s most comfortable for me?” But decisions need to be made based on what’s best for the whole company.
Links & Resources
Looking to take your mindset to the next level? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. You can now binge an entire series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. See you there!
You were BORN to be a success! Download my 2-Step Mindset Hack to Reprogram Your Life for Success completely FREE and start living the life of your dreams!
Learn to make your hiring decisions based on what is in the best interest of your business with these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: