In The Voice of Knowledge, Don Miguel Ruiz has a chapter called “The Storyteller.” In it, he questions everything about his beliefs about himself and invites us to do the same.
Throughout our life, we all live in a story of our own creation, without even noticing it. We should question our beliefs about ourselves. Are they true? Or were these stories just passed down to us as “knowledge” from someone else? In today’s episode, I’m reading and teaching from this chapter.
- How more than 90% of the concepts we have stored in our minds are based on lies—especially the concepts we believe about ourselves
- How a “whole society of storytellers” existed before we were born—and how generation after generation of people shared their “knowledge” with us (which is really just stories of what they believe)
- How the stories we are told (i.e., the knowledge we’re given) might not even be accurate—it’s often based on someone’s religion, superstition, or even witchcraft
- We can’t ever truly know everything about a person; we can only know what we believe about them
- There’s a whole side to every person that’s just theirs, that you don’t know (and I often tell people to “look at your secret thoughts” if you want to find out what you truly desire in life)
- How you can reinvent yourself by changing the story you have about yourself
Our beliefs about who we are have incredible power over our life—even if those beliefs aren’t true. Ask yourself, “What do I believe about myself?” Most of us believe whatever the “storytellers” told us (i.e., our parents, teachers, society, etc.).
You have the power to change what you believe—and you can change the story you’re living. You’re the author of your own life.
Links & Resources
Be sure to join me and my CEO, Steph Tuss, on June 20-22 for a never-before-seen 3-Day Bootcamp: “Work Smarter Not Harder Bootcamp for Entrepreneurs. We’re co-facilitating this bootcamp to help you find your focus, reclaim your day, and grow your business.
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere near your podcast feed. David has released YouTube specific episodes beginning with his series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
Our beliefs about who we are have incredible power over our life. Dive into more powerful work by Don Miguel Ruiz by listening to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: