Decades ago, we used “psychological reciprocity” at Bob Proctor’s seminars to sell out products at the back of the room. We did this by giving away free bags—and we were amazed at the results.
The psychological law of reciprocity says that when you induce certain feelings in a person, they’re programmed to automatically respond in a grateful way of some kind. If you give them something, very often they feel compelled (in a good way) to give something back.
If you want to see your sales go up dramatically, there are two things to consider: psychological reciprocity, and how to handle objections. You’ll also want to be able to determine whether an objection is real, or just an excuse.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Why using psychological reciprocity in your sales or marketing makes people feel special—and will increase your sales
- The 2 types of objections in a sales conversation—“psychological blocks” (when a person convinces themselves not to move forward) and circumstantial objections (like, “I don’t have the time or money”)
- How to figure out if an objection is real or just an excuse—and why you shouldn’t try to solve a problem that isn’t real
- How asking a “split question” gets you to the true answer with 98% of the people you talk to (because the human brain cannot think about two things at the same time)
- Once your industry finds out that something is working with psychological reciprocity, everyone will start doing it—and then it’ll stop working
- A sales professional does not get agitated; they don’t feel threatened or take anything personally that happens in a sales conversation
Your belief as a salesperson needs to be rock solid. You must understand human behavior and the nature of human beings. It’s your job to get better—and to ask better questions to help bring clarity to the other person during a sales call.
Your belief in why they CAN do something, needs to be more solid than their belief in why they can’t. Otherwise, they’re going to convince themselves not to do it. That’s human nature.
Links & Resources
Be sure to join David over on You Tube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere near your audio podcast feed. David recently began releasing YouTube only episodes beginning with a series around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you are looking for a deeper dive into Universal Laws and the mindset it requires to be a success you’ll want to check this out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. Get your binge on and we’ll see you over there!
Up your sales game with these past episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: