When you set a goal, you must have a white-hot desire inside of you to reach that goal. The desire needs to be kept alive, because it guides you when everything else is gone. Another word for this is commitment.
Desire and commitment illuminate the vision for what you want to create for yourself. It’s your compass—the thing that always needs to be there.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- You can’t see something on the screen of your mind if there wasn’t a way to actually do it
- “There’s always a way” when you’re committed
- You must periodically check your level of commitment (like checking that your gas tank has enough fuel)
- Your commitment needs to be thorough—in other words, what are you actually committed to (starting? reaching a goal? completing the follow-through after the goal?)
- Why climbing Mount Everest takes real commitment not only to get to the top, but also to come back down
- Your goal is just one piece of the puzzle in the giant picture of everything you’re doing—so it’s not just about reaching your goal—it’s about “making it back down the mountain”
- It takes a toll on us to psychologically and physically to reach a goal—because of the amount of learning, adapting, and growing we have to do in order to win (commitment is what gets us through this)
My mentor once told me, “Never, ever finish a goal without setting the next one before you finish the first one. Never.”
Links & Resources
Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. We’ve already dropped several episodes in the series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available.
Desire and commitment illuminate the vision for what you want to create for yourself. Take that and run by listening to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: