You can be in love with anything—a person, a thing, a business, a pet, or anything else in your life. But what does it mean to actually “be in love”? Not only is love an amazing experience, but it also lifts our entire outlook on everything.
Today I’m reading from Thomas Troward’s book, The Edinburgh and Dore Lectures on Mental Science. He says being in love means being in resonance with something and “entering into the spirit of it.” Entering in the spirit of something is an attitude of mind and a conscious choice. You don’t have to wait until it happens to you—you can choose it.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- To love something is to “enter into the spirit of it”
- To appreciate a book, artwork, picture, or music, we must enter into the spirit of it and share the mental attitude of its creator—otherwise these things are meaningless to us
- When you have a desire to do something, there’s a spirit, an internal pressure, and an urge to manifest that desire
- The artist can create something out of nothing; whereas the scientist or mathematician measures something that’s already in existence
- We’re not supposed to create from a place of lack or fear, but from love and harmony
- When we resist something, we shut down and the mind becomes unresourceful; the body becomes less strong
- Being in a higher energy state doesn’t just make us happy; it also allows us to be more resourceful
As human beings, we all have the ability to take our capacity for love and engage it consciously with something. As you go about your day, notice if you’re entering into the spirit of love, growth, or harmony with whatever you’re doing?
Links & Resources
Looking to embrace that higher capacity for love, growth, and harmony? Be sure to stop over on The Successful Mind Podcast Channel on YouTube for EXCLUSIVE content that you won’t find anywhere in your audio podcast feed. We’ve already dropped the first two episodes in this new series where David takes you through high level teachings around Raymond Holliwell’s classic book, Working With the Law. If you’re ready to take the next step in exploring the Universal Laws and mindset it requires to be a huge success you’ll want to check this series out. Remember, these are ONLY available on our YouTube channel. Go to youtube.com/TheSuccessfulMindPodcast, be sure to subscribe, and ring the bell so you won’t miss any of these EXCLUSIVE drops as they become available. You’ll LOVE it!
Get to the true meaning of love and resonance this Valentine’s Day by dipping your strawberries in chocolate and settling in to listen to these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: