Most people were probably expecting 2021 to be way different from 2020. We were hoping things would get back to normal—and instead, they took a turn for the worse.
I’ve had many interesting observations throughout this year. I’ve watched what’s been happening in the world, while also helping my clients and students adapt to these changes so they can prosper. Today BT and I reflect on 2021 and how it unfolded.
In this episode we discuss:
- The massive changes humanity is facing that we’ve never seen before—and why I believe we’re heading in a dangerous direction
- Why we need to let go of “how things were before” and ask different questions, so we can adapt, move forward, and make things even better than they were before
- How constant fear is psychologically damaging and messes with people’s minds to no end
- Some thoughts on my interview with Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying, two evolutionary biologists (coming in January!)
- Why people in different countries are responding to totalitarian measures with enormous pushback, taking to the streets in huge protests—yet we’re seeing none of that in the US
- Why many people are questioning whether to start a family and have children—and how Elon Musk believes human beings could go extinct if we don’t boost the population back up
For decades, we’ve heard that the world is falling apart, the political left is going to kill us, the political right is going to kill us…etc. It’s like the story, “The Boy Who Cried Wolf.” It’s led many people to bury their head in the sand, but right now, people need to wake up.
We’re in a very serious time in history that requires us all to dig a little deeper to learn how to think, to treat each other with love and respect, and to start looking for real solutions for our life. If we keep burying our head in the sand, we’re going to find ourselves in a world we don’t recognize—and one that we’re ill-equipped to handle.
Regardless of the change taking place, the good news is, change always brings with it opportunity. There’s opportunity in any environment if you’re willing to put in the work.
Links & Resources
Change always brings with it opportunity. Start the new year on the right foot with more powerful episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: