Napoleon Hill says there are seven major positive emotions (or states of mind)—desire, faith, love, sex, enthusiasm, romance, and hope. He says there are seven major negative emotions (or states of mind)—fear, jealousy, hatred, revenge, greed, superstition, and anger. I would also add resistance to that list.
When you’re in resistance, your subconscious mind is trying to keep you from changing. What’s interesting is, you have a very specific process of going into resistance. You might go into denial, blame, confusion, sadness, depression, or procrastination. Your physical body might be affected in a negative way. Or you might walk away from a situation instead of facing it.
We all have a ‘strategy’ for staying in resistance.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Why we need to pay close attention to which negative emotions (or states of mind) get in our way, prevent us from seeing the truth, and cause us to keep creating things we DON’T want in our life
- “Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time; one must dominate”
- When you’re in resistance, you’re not in harmony with the thing you say you want
- Whatever you’re experiencing, it’s a projection of your own thinking—i.e., your own state of mind (this is why the Bible talks so much about not judging, because the moment you go into judgment, it’s about you, not what you’re seeing)
- Blame gives away our power and our personal responsibility; it’s also a way of being in control
- Problems or “conditions” keep showing up in your life because you’re not seeing the truth about something—and if you change how you see the problem, you can remove it from your life
- To extend a loving thought to anyone or anything, removes the opposition
Hill says, “Only when we cease to recognize a condition, do we cease to attract it. The only way we can cease to recognize things is to change our minds about them.”
What are you resisting in yourself that’s causing you to not see the truth?
Links & Resources
What are you resisting? Get out of resistance and into harmony with the things you want in life by listening to these powerful episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: