My podcast listeners are always asking, “What are you currently reading or listening to?” With the upcoming holiday road trips, I decided to share some of my favorites.
Always a student, I listen to podcasts and audiobooks for two reasons—interest and learning. I’m fascinated with how people conduct their podcasts—their communication skills, speaking abilities, patterns of speech, how they interview others, how they run their show, and the rhythm of their podcast. I pay attention to what I like and don’t like about the guests (and the show itself), and what makes me to want to sit through a three-hour show.
In this episode BT and I discuss:
- Which podcasts and audiobooks we’re listening to, why we listen, and why you might want to listen too
- How you can learn from every person (even those you don’t like)—and why you should learn from every person
- How Joe Rogan’s personality has evolved since the early years of his podcast—and how he learned to NOT get so emotionally involved with what other people are thinking or saying
- How so many people still think the news is true, even though very little of it is based in truth—it’s all based in narrative or the slant that one side wants to play over another
- Why I like listening to both sides of an issue, because you can learn from both sides
I hope you enjoy these resources and maybe even be inspired to start your own podcast one day!
Links & Resources
Take us with you on your next roadtrip with these curated SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS from The Successful Mind Podcast
More holiday classics to take with you on the open road from The Successful Mind Podcast
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: