Liz Brunner is an Emmy Award winning journalist who just wrote an amazing book, Dare To Own You: Taking Your Authenticity and Dreams into Your Next Chapter. In today’s episode I chatted with her about the story behind how her book came about and how serendipitous, synchronistic things happen when you’re ready to write. The book-writing process flows, as if you’re getting downloads from the Universe, Source, or God.
Liz shares my belief that we all have a purpose. We’re all here for a reason. “There’s something we’re supposed to do with the gifts and talents we have. They may be on a grand scale or a small scale; it doesn’t matter,” she says. “When you can begin to identify that—and when you can own who you are and your authenticity—then I think you’re living a full life.”
In this episode, we discuss:
- The meaning of authenticity and how to be vulnerable and courageous
- What it means to “own yourself,” and why it’s so important to accept yourself and learn how to be your best authentic self, “warts and all”
- Why Liz was compelled to write about her family’s lineage and genealogy—and how her lineage goes back to the Mayflower and people coming over on the boat to Boston and actually developing some of the city
- The transitions and shifts in attitude that we go through in life as we get closer to living our purpose
- Liz’s thoughts on how the year 2020 (like “2020 vision”) was not a coincidence—it forced us to look at our lives and say, “Where am I? What are my priorities? What am I doing? What means the most to me?”
- How to step back and put yourself in “the witness position,” so you’re outside of yourself, looking at your life, seeing all the patterns playing out
Many people are asking, “What am I supposed to do with my life? What’s my purpose? What do I do next?” especially after COVID. Liz’s book will help you figure out the next chapters for your life.
Links & Resources
More powerful episodes that dare you to dream from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: