Are you looking for ways to boost sales in your business? Listen to this 5-part series titled, “The Inner Game of Sales.” You’ll learn tips and tricks to boosting your income in a short period of time. These tips will make selling easier, more profitable, and more fun. To get the best results, please listen to and study all 5 episodes. This is part 3 of 5.
Understanding how to take control of a sales conversation makes you a much stronger salesperson. During a sales call, it’s more effective to ask questions than to “tell” a person anything. People are programmed to answer questions—and if you understand this, you can greatly improve your sales.
Two of the most important questions to ask during a sales call are:
- “What do you want?” (And understanding why they want it)
- “Why do you think you’re not getting it?” (This gives you some perspective on how they view the world. Do they see themselves as a victim? Or as responsible for their outcomes?)
You also need to determine the “perceived value” the prospect has in their mind—i.e., why they see your offer as valuable (or not). Their perceived value is based on their perception, not your perception. The prospect isn’t buying the features and benefits you think they’re buying
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- How to maintain control of a sales conversation and ensure the person is focused (not distracted) during the call
- You don’t have to “create rapport” on a sales call—instead, people will follow your directive if it’s presented the right way
- Whenever you tell somebody the price of your offer, it causes a psychological reaction in every person—and they immediately compare your price to something else
- Why you should never be in a rush during a sales conversation
- Why you must pay close attention to your tone of voice when you’re asking someone a question (like “what do you want?”)
- Why “zero noise” should come out of your mouth after you ask the questions
You should treat sales calls as important—because what you’re offering is important, and these aren’t just casual conversations at a bar. You should feel deep in your soul that your product or your service changes someone’s life and makes it better in some way.
Stay tuned next week for part 4 of this 5-part series!
Links & Resources
Want more sales? Put your best foot forward with these sales inspired episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: