Today I’m pulling some gems from Neville Goddard’s book, Five Lessons. He has an amazing chapter on how your thoughts affect your circumstances (similar to James Allen’s book, As a Man Thinketh).
Most people are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves. So they stay stuck where they are—then blame their circumstances for where they’re at in life. But circumstance does not make the man. It reveals him to himself.
In other words, the outer conditions of your life will always be in harmony with your inner state. If you wish to radically alter your circumstances, you can begin by simply asking yourself, “Who am I?”
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What it takes to become “the rightful master of yourself”
- The most important thing in the world is your concept of self (i.e., how you view yourself)
- The alteration of your circumstances reflects the exact ratio of your altered mental condition
- You can produce a major shift in your thinking by realizing, “God, himself is incomplete without me”
- “Good thoughts bear good fruits; bad thoughts bear bad fruits”
- If you’re reacting to something emotionally, you can pause and ask yourself, “Who am I in this situation?”—this brings you to a place of higher consciousness
- The outer world of circumstance shapes itself to the inner world of thought
One of the best examples of impressing one’s thought upon challenging circumstance is Viktor Frankl, a Jewish psychiatrist and Nazi concentration camp survivor. Instead of being sucked into the brutal reality of the concentration camp itself—he held the thought of what he desired as an outcome, and this caused him and others to be looked over, and their lives were spared.
If you want to change your world, start by asking “Who am I?” Before every call, every meeting, and every interaction—pause for 10 seconds and ask, “Who am I?” You’ll be greatly rewarded.
Links & Resources
Would you like to join other successful minds in a supportive community full of people focused on growth? If so, check out my FREE Transformation Facebook Group. To get in, just answer 3 simple questions. Share your wins, get support from your peers, and transform your life! I’ll see you there!
Have you ever asked yourself who you really are? Find out what it takes to master yourself with help from these previously released episodes from the The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/TransformationNeagle
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: