When someone is really close to reaching their goal, something odd happens—an obstacle will show up and cause the person to quit.
My team and I see this all the time—people get so damn close to having a breakthrough, then they stop. They get exhausted, all kinds of problems show up, and their subconscious is screaming at them, trying to get them to agree with the situation and stop.
In Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill called this phenomenon being “three feet from gold,” then quitting.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- The closer you get to having a big breakthrough, the bigger the obstacle is
- Once you quit, you have to go all the way back to the beginning—and fight the same demons all over again
- When you concede to one demon, you lose the strength you built on the ones prior to it, because you start to question your faith
- The demon you’re battling in your mind is really mediocrity—and believing in all the lies the world tells us
- The demon in your head isn’t real—and once you break through the obstacle, the lie loses its strength
- You don’t need to know “how” you’re going to overcome the obstacle—but you can’t back down from it
- How the movie “Whiplash” reveals where you’re at in your growth (if you’re coming from any kind of victim mindset, the movie will bring out your victim mindset)
Once you break through to the other side, all of a sudden it becomes easy. But you have to get to the point where you say, “I will not be denied my success.”
Links & Resources
Would you like to join other successful minds in a supportive community full of people focused on growth? If so, check out my FREE Transformation Facebook Group. To get in, just answer 3 simple questions. Share your wins, get support from your peers, and transform your life! I’ll see you there!
Are you primed for a breakthrough? Seize the moment with these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/TransformationNeagle
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: