The early Greeks instructed us to “know thyself.” This maxim is the key to self-improvement and self-enlightenment.
Knowing yourself is about knowing who you are, what you do, your tendencies, your weaknesses, your strengths, and uncovering the hidden things about you that control you. When you know yourself, you know everyone else. You understand their motives, intentions, and what they’re doing.
Vernon Howard is one of the best authors and teachers I know of who can help you study yourself. In today’s episode I’m covering many of his ideas, along with Marcus Aurelius’s principle of simplicity.
- How to look at complex problems and break them down to each separate part
- Truth cannot and will not force itself on anyone who’s not ready to see it—we have to actually WANT to see the truth before we can see it
- The truth is simple; lies and falsehood are complicated
- To understand the truth, you have to know yourself
- What it means to “see the wrongness” (i.e., ignorance or misunderstanding) in what you’re doing
- Every obstacle exists within ourselves
- There’s only one “true gate” and a thousand false gates
- The higher the barrier, the greater opportunity is for advancement
- Why you should let your higher self think for you
When you see the truth in any situation, the suffering goes away. When you shine a light on the darkness, the darkness goes away. But you have to be willing to see the truth. You’ll see it when you’re ready to see it.
Links & Resources
Step out and embrace your inner self with these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: