The ability to focus is what allows you to make changes in your life. In order to focus, you have to be able to use your “will” in the correct way.
The will is an intellectual factor. It’s what separates us from all other living things. We have the conscious ability to focus, make choices, and ignore distractions (whereas animals can’t choose what they focus on). In fact, we can strengthen our ability to focus and use it to get rich on the creative plane.
In this episode I’m drawing from Wallace Wattles’ book, The Science of Getting Rich, in which he teaches “How to Use the Will.”
- The energy or motive behind what you’re doing is what matters most
- To get rich, you only need to use your willpower upon yourself—you never have to apply it to anything outside of yourself (nor do you have the right to do so anyway)
- It’s blatantly wrong to mentally coerce people to do anything
- If you want to become rich, you must not study poverty—nothing comes into being by thinking about its opposite
- “The thinking substance is friendly to you and is more anxious to give you what you want than you are to get it.”
- You’re not here to solve every problem on the planet; you’re here to solve the problem that speaks to your heart the most
- Why you should give your attention wholly to riches and ignore poverty
Aiming to become rich is the noblest aim you could possibly have in life, because it includes everything else. The best thing you could ever do for the entire world is to make the most of yourself. You can serve God and your fellow human beings in no greater way than by getting rich—and by being an example of someone who is rich.
Links & Resources
Make the most of every opportunity by revisiting these previously released episodes from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: