Today my guest is Adolfo Sanchez, a fashion designer who has overcome incredible adversity while building his business. He was on the Netflix show, “Next in Fashion” and is from Orange County in Los Angeles. Adolfo comes from a working-class family, with both his parents being from Mexico. He got interested in fashion as a hobby, then worked at Macy’s, selling Versace. He climbed the corporate retail ladder, working for Gucci, Cavalli, and Loro Piana.
After starting his business, a fire caused him to lose everything. He had to start over and rebuild again—after his partner and business partner had walked out on him months prior.
As someone who’s worked with business people all over the world, I’ve seen many people want to give up if things aren’t going perfectly. That’s why I was so fascinated by Adolfo’s story—he sees challenges differently. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to keep his dream going.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Adolfo got into the fashion industry and how he landed a spot on a Netflix show
- How he battled depression after the fire, hitting “a really dark place”—and how he pulled himself out of it
- The positive impact his mother (“a very strong woman and a two-time breast cancer survivor”) had on him during that time
- The big turning point when Adolfo realized he was done working with other businesses and was going to completely build his own brand
- What he did to pivot after the lockdowns impacted his business during Covid
- His penchant for learning and growing, becoming better at business, and soaking everything up “like a sponge” even through the adversity
Adolfo says if you’re doing something only for the money, you probably won’t be satisfied—and you’ll have regrets at the end of your life. You’ve got to love what you do.
Quitting was never an option for him. “When a situation (like the fire) happens, it’s done—all you can do is grasp how bad the damage is and assess what the next step is…I’ve always just wanted to keep going,” he says.
Don’t miss his incredible story!
Links & Resources
Get Social with Adolfo Sanchez:
More inspiring episodes to show you that anything is possible from The Successful Mind Podcast:
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than a minute and really makes a difference in helping us spread the “Successful Mind” message to those who need it most.
Discover David’s book: The Millions Within: How to Manifest Exactly What You want and Have an EPIC Life
Get SOCIAL with David! You can find him on the following platforms:
Miss anything? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show and stay on top of your own successful mindset. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts: